HOW THIRD PARTIES SERVE YOU OUR ADVERTISEMENTS ON OTHER WEBSITES AND YOUR CHOICES
INFORMATION COLLECTED ONLINE
1. GENERAL BROWSING
We collect general information about our visitors’ experience with our Websites and this general information is not connected to personally identifiable information about individual visitors. The information collected includes which pages our visitors are viewing on our Websites and whether visitors arrived through a link for our Websites. It also includes information on the type of browser and service provider used. For visitors using a mobile version of our Websites, this includes technical information about the device used, such as screen size, cookie support by the device and how images may appear. All of this information helps us provide a better experience for our visitors by being able to determine such things as how to best format our mobile Websites for various devices, our most desired pages, products and features, how to best direct visitors to our Websites, and where there might be browser or service provider connection issues.
2. LOCATION INFORMATION
Our Websites and emails may include features that require collecting different types of location information as described below:
- Websites: Features include things, such as check-in, or find a product in stores. We may use various technologies to determine location, such as location services included in your browser or your device, IP Address, and sensor data locating your device near Wi-Fi access points, Bluetooth devices or beacons, and cell towers. Some of these technologies may require enabling location-based services and/or your consent for our Websites to access your location information.
- Emails: Our emails may use your IP address to determine the city where you are located when you open the email. This allows us to tailor content to you, such as a map of nearby stores.
Mobile devices referenced above include your cell phone, and could include your laptop or tablet depending on the type of wireless connectivity used. If you do not consent to provide or disable location-based services, we may ask you to manually select the region where you are located, or to enter your zip code; if you chose not to provide this information some features of the Websites may not be available. See the “Opt-Out” section below for the choices you have regarding collection of location information.
3. PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Categories of personally identifiable information collected online include name, address, gender, month and day of birth, email address, telephone number, mobile phone number, payment card information, recipient's name, address and email address, use of our Websites tied to one of these categories and other information you choose to provide, including through your personal social media accounts, as described below.
4. PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU ALLOW US TO COLLECT FROM YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS
To create an account on our Websites or to participate in certain features, our Websites may allow you to chose to let us access information from accounts you have created on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and other similar sites (“Personal Social Media Accounts”). If you chose to allow us access to your Personal Social Media Accounts, Wood Simply Made could collect some, and possible all, of the data in the Personal Social Media Account to which you grant access. Depending on the terms of the social media site, this information could include: your name, email address, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends, birthday, likes, education history, work history, current city, hometown, interests, relationship status, and location. Once you grant this permission, Wood Simply Made will be able to continue to be linked to the permitted Personal Social Media Account and collect information without a further request for permission, which could include later revisions to existing information or new types of information that you add. If you no longer want your Personal Social Media Account(s) linked to our Websites, click on the ‘disconnect’ link located on our Websites near the corresponding social media button and we will stop collecting this information. You may also be able to stop our ability to link to information in your Personal Social Media Account by following instructions provided on the applicable social media sites.
We may offer Apps for download to your mobile device that provide you with various interactive features in the future.
The collection and means of collecting information through any currently existing or future App are discussed in this policy when referencing Websites under the following sections:
- “General Browsing”
- “Location Information”
- “Personally Identifiable Information We Collect”
- “Personal Information You Allow Us to Collect from Your Social Media Accounts”
The use and sharing of information through any currently existing or future App are discussed in this policy when referencing Websites under the following sections:
- “Using Information We Collect Online”
- “Information We Share With Third Parties”
- Use of some features of an App will ask for permission to access data on your mobile device, such as your photos. We will only access this data if you provide consent when asked by the App. Please note, some features of the App are only available if you allow us to access the requested content.
- If you provide content when asked, the App will send push notifications ("Notifications") to your mobile device. These Notifications can be sent to you and viewed by you even if you are not actively using the App. The notifications may be specific to your interactions with us and may be location-specific if you have consented to location-based services.
- Information about preventing the collection of location-based information through the App is provided when referencing Websites under the "Mobile Device Location Information" subsection of "Opt-Out" below.
- See the "Opt-Out" section below for the choices you have regarding the collection of data from your mobile device and receipt of Notifications.
INFORMATION COLLECTED ON PAGES Wsm HAS ON SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
Personal information may be collected directly byWood Simply Made through our Social Media Pages and may also be collected by the social media site hosting the Wood Simply Made Social Media Page.
The social media sites where Wood Simply Made has Social Media Pages may provide aggregate information and analysis to Wood Simply Made about your use of our Social Media Pages. This allows us to better understand and analyze our user growth, general demographic information about the users of our Social Media Pages, and interaction with content on our Social Media Pages. Overall, this information may be used to help us understand the types of visitors and users of our Social Media Pages and use of the content.
USING INFORMATION WE COLLECT ONLINE
We may use the information we collect under this policy (including information collected through cookies; see below section on “Cookies and Advertising” for details on cookies and how we use them), to fulfill product orders; to fulfill your requests (such as contact us, click to chat, email a friend, coming soon product alert, wish list, shipping updates, or a post card); to contact you or the product recipient(s) in the event of order or delivery difficulties; to serve site content; to provide marketing communications regarding our products, services and promotions to you (including sending cart abandonment emails) and to people in your account or your WSM Club program Membership (collectively “Membership”) address book; to administer The WSM Club program; to post content you provide to us through our Websites, Apps or Social Media Pages, such as comments, reviews or images on our Websites, Apps and Social Media Pages, or use it in our marketing communications; to analyze your activity with us, including interaction with our Websites/emails/text messages, the effectiveness of our advertising and your purchases; to personalize our communications to you; to respond to your inquiries and other communications; to update information maintained in your online Membership; to conduct surveys, sweepstakes or contests; to develop our products, services, and Websites; and to consider you for employment. Wood Simply Made uses the information collected on its Social Media Pages to send communications regarding our products, services, and promotions; to respond to your inquiries; to conduct surveys, sweepstakes or contests; to analyze your activity on our Social Media Pages and to develop our products and services.
INFORMATION WE SHARE WITH OUR BRANDS AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose the information that you provide to us (including, without limitation, your personal data) to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and the subsidiaries of our holding company (including our affiliated companies). WSM and its affiliated companies will not subscribe you to their ongoing marketing email and/or text message programs unless you have separately consented to receive such marketing communications from a given affiliated company.
We make the names and postal addresses in our postal mailing list, sometimes categorized by purchasing information, available to other unaffiliated companies for their marketing purposes. If you submit content to us through our Websites, Apps or Social Media Pages, such as comments, review or images, and we choose to post your content on our Websites or otherwise display it, it will become public information.
Please be aware that we may use third parties to assist us with our e-commerce business, such as our Websites, emails, text messages, and Social Media Pages. Some examples of the assistance that may be provided by third party service providers are: fulfilling orders (including, but not limited to, processing payments, providing fraud prevention services, and verifying addresses); providing electronic online investor information; providing advertising services, including on social media sites and internet search engines; monitoring and analyzing site activity, your actions in response to our emails and the effectiveness of our advertising; providing support services; facilitating communication with you through email, text, Notifications, and other platforms; conducting surveys; administering and maintaining employment application information; offering interactive features; and administering the WSM Club program, product reviews, promotions, sweepstakes or contests. Personal information you provide us may be shared, as necessary, with the relevant third parties to so carry out functions on our behalf. It is possible that some of these service providers will be located outside of the United States.
You should also be aware that we may disclose specific information about you if necessary to do so by law or based on our good faith belief that it is necessary to conform or comply with the law or is necessary to protect the users of our Websites, the Websites or the public.
If Wood Simply Made were ever merged with or it or its assets were acquired by another company, or if it acquires another business entity or is involved in a corporate reorganization or other change of control, some or all of the personal information collected about you could be shared with this entity, and may also be retained by Wood Simply Made. Other than this acquisition, sale or reorganization, we do not sell or rent your email address to unrelated third parties.
WHAT ARE COOKIES, PIXEL TAGS AND URL LINKS, AND HOW ARE THESE USED ON OUR WEBSITES OR IN OUR EMAILS?
Our Websites and emails use, and our third party service providers may also use, Pixel Tags (also known as Web beacons, Web bugs, and Clear GIFs). A Pixel Tag is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a Webpage or email message. Pixel Tags may be used to collect the same information about your visit that is collected through cookies, as noted above. We may also collect information about a search engine used, and a search engine advertisement clicked to navigate to the Websites. Pixel Tags in emails help us confirm the receipt of, and response to, our emails (including your interaction with our Websites as a result of receiving the email) and the time our email is viewed. This information helps us to make similar evaluations about our Websites and emails as with cookies and to determine the most desired features and information so that we can provide those features and information to you and personalize our interactions with you. This information may also be linked to and combined with information that we collect about you from your visits to our Websites.
COLLECTION OF LOCATION INFORMATION
- Mobile Device Location Information Through Our Mobile Websites: Your mobile device may allow you to disable location-based services on your device, which will prevent our Websites from accessing your mobile device location information. For specific questions regarding disabling your device's location services, we recommend that you review the specific instructions provided for your mobile device. Note that some features on our Websites, such as check-in, may not be available if you disable location-based services.
- Desktop Device Location Information Through Website Features: Your desktop web browser may allow you to remove permission you granted through your desktop device for our Websites to access your location information and/or completely block requests for location information. For specific questions regarding disabling your browser’s location services, we recommend you review the specific instructions provided with your browser.
- Location Information Through Emails: Your email program may allow you to prevent the images in the emails you receive from us from downloading, which will also prevent our service provider from accessing your location information. You can also unsubscribe from receiving our emails, as described in the “Email” section below.
NOTIFICATIONS AND ACCESS TO DATA ON YOUR MOBILE DEVICE
If you have provided consent and no longer wish to receive Notifications, or no longer want us to access the specific information on your device (e.g., photos, etc) for which you previously gave consent, you will need to adjust the settings on your mobile device. Please note, the process for changing settings on your mobile device may vary; to learn how to change these settings refer to the specific instructions provided for your mobile device.
To unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from Wood Simply Made go to the unsubscribe page, or if you have created an account or are a member of The WSM Club program, go to the Marketing Preferences section of the Profile page. If you signed up to receive marketing emails from one of our affiliates follow the-opt out instructions on any marketing email you receive from that affiliate. Please be aware, however, even if you request be removed from our email marketing list, you may still receive non-marketing emails, such as confirmations for any orders placed on our Websites.
- Marketing Text Messages: If you have signed up to receive text messages from Wood Simply Made or any of our affiliated companies, but no longer wish to receive these mobile messages, simply follow the opt-out instructions included in each mobile message or follow the opt-out instructions in the WSM Texts Terms for each brand, i.e. send or reply “STOP” to any text message you have received. Or, if you created an account or are a member of The WSM Club program, go to the email and phone page within the "My Info" section of the Websites, click on "manage your marketing preferences" and select the option to no longer receive text messages in the drop-down menu for each brand and press 'SUBMIT.' Please note, if you unsubscribe by sending a text or by going to the email and phone page within the "My Info" section of the Websites you may receive a reply message confirming that you have opted out of receiving text messages.
- Shipping Alert Text Messages: If you opted to receive shipping alerts via text message but you no longer wish to receive them, reply "STOP" to any shipping alert text message you have received.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing materials from Wood Simply Made via regular postal mail, please email us at Info@WoodSimplyMade.com and tell us in your comments that you want to be removed from the Wood Simply Made postal mailing list, including the postal address you wish to have removed.
THIRD-PARTY POSTAL ADDRESS SHARING
If you would like to make sure that we do not disclose your name and postal mailing address to unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes, please email us at Info@WoodSimplyMade.com and ask us not to share your postal address with unaffiliated companies, including the postal address.
FACEBOOK MESSENGER COMMUNICATION
You may opt in to receive communication and updates from us about your order via Facebook Messenger. Once you provide this consent during checkout on our site, it will be maintained for all future orders. To opt out, go to the overview page in the account section on our site or open the conversation on Facebook Messenger and click on the “Turn Off” link (located next to the Facebook Messenger updates language). If you elect to delete your WSM account, then you will no longer receive updates via Facebook Messenger.
IF YOU APPLY FOR A JOB
If you want to work for us, you can submit a curriculum vitae or resume online or fill out an employment via email to Info@WoodSimplyMade.com. When you send and email regarding employment application, we will collect personal data such as your name and contact details. We will use this information to evaluate you as a candidate for the position that you applied for and to contact you about the position.
UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION IN YOUR ACCOUNT
If you have created an online account or become a member of The WSM Club program (collectively "Membership") we prefer to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. To do this, we provide you with the opportunity to update or modify your personal information, including your billing address, preferred shipping information, payment details, and contact information. Just sign in to your Membership with your email address and password, and you will see an overview page where you can update your information.
To request to have your account cancelled send an email to Info@WoodSimplyMade.com and include the email address of the account you wish to cancel.
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
Our Websites are not directed toward children under the age of thirteen (13) years. Furthermore, we do not knowingly collect any personal data from children under the age of thirteen (13) years. The children's products that we offer for sale on our Websites are intended for purchase by adults only. No one under the age of thirteen (13) years should provide any personal data on our Websites and/or at our stores.
For your convenience and enjoyment, our Websites may contain links to other websites. We do not evaluate and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We would urge you to review the privacy policies on each link to ensure that you are comfortable with their privacy policies and practices.
Wood Simply Made limits the number of employees that have access to the databases that contain personal data, and Wood Simply Made employees are advised of the importance of confidentiality. In addition, it is our policy to never send your payment card number via email.
We designed our online store to accept orders only from Web browsers that permit communication through Transport Layer Security (TLS) technology. Browsers that do not meet this requirement will be prevented from navigating the online store section of our Websites. While we implement the above security measures on this site, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
SUPPORTED WEB BROWSERS
WoodSimplyMade.com supports Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.0+, Android 4.4+, Apple OS X 10.9+, and Apple iOS 8+. We recommend if you are viewing our websites on Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox to download the latest version in order to maximize your experience, otherwise you may not be able to access or utilize all pages on our websites as intended.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding our privacy practices, please email us at Info@WoodSimplyMade.com